Based in mid-town Toronto, Ontario, Crescendo Technology is a Research/IT firm that provides technical support services to blue chip clients in the online entertainment space.
Crescendo Technology works with global partners to provide the highest level of technological support for our customers, and in turn for our customers’ customers.
About the role:
The Data Scientist be responsible for collecting, storing, cleaning, visualising, analysing, interpreting and modelling data relevant to sports betting markets in order to recognise patterns and trends in betting markets.
Our ideal candidate should have:
• Expertise in R and other statistical programming languages (3+ years)
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Frequentist and Bayesian statistical methods
• Experience working with machine learning algorithms, probabilistic models and/or other statistical modelling approaches
• Solid experience with modern R packages such as dplyr, ggplot2, data.table
• Solid experience in front-end R technologies for data products such as ShinyR/FlexDashboards
• Ability to write complex SQL queries
• Good software engineering design principles, such as design patterns, and be able to write code to solve problems
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• An environment passionate about growth and learning
• Competitive salary with bonus
• Fitness subsidy program
• Free beverages in the office
• Workplace that is conveniently located along the Yonge/Sheppard line
What we are looking for:
This is a key role within the team and would suit someone who is passionate about working with data/data science. We are looking for someone with strong background in statistics, modelling and algorithms (machine learning or other) and who has the ability to convey complex information through data visualisation. A thorough understanding and passion for sports and sports betting markets is ideal. Experience with cloud computing as well as python a plus.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. For a full description, please contact us directly.
Crescendo Technology thanks all candidates applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates may be asked to complete an on-line technical assessment.
Crescendo Technology is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and we encourage candidates to email their resume to email@example.com with a subject title of POST 1026: Data Scientist. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via the email noted above.