We are looking for a candidate that has experience in growing infrastructure, computing platforms (Cloud), monitoring, troubleshooting and conducting research for the company’s production systems. The role will involve projects with immediate business impact such as decrease of human errors during software release, proactive identification of weak system’s area and ability to discover real time system performance and security metrics and infrastructure development to accommodate a growing worldwide company. The Engineer will work closely with the development team and will be responsible for supporting a proprietary low latency distributed trading system and various other applications including software deployment and tool relating to real-time monitoring and automation.
Our ideal candidate should have:
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of enterprise system and application experience (monitoring/troubleshooting)
• Experience in using automated monitoring, alerting and deployment tools
• Familiarity with CI/CD processes using tools such as Team City and Octopus
• Strong understanding of the software deployment life cycle
• Experience in project & performance management especially technology planning and execution
• Virtualisation experience using Cloud
• Working experience in the following technologies: Windows server 2008/2012/2016, Unix/Ubuntu
• Knowledge and experience working with Linux, LAN/WAN Technologies
• Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
• Knowledge with incident ticketing systems and work station management systems (DFS, DNS, Active Directory, System Center)
• Knowledge of Splunk, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, IIS Web Server or SQL preferred
• Scripting knowledge and experience preferred
• Able to legally work in Canada
• An environment passionate about growth and learning
• Competitive salary with bonus
• Fitness subsidy program
• Conveniently located along the Yonge/Sheppard line - accessible by car, subway, bus (TTC/GO)
This is a key role within the team and would suit someone who is analytical, conceptual, detail oriented and great problem solver. We are also looking for a candidate who is self-motivated, team and task oriented with a willingness to learn and adapt to operational/technological requirements. Strong written and oral communication is required.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate on the subject line: Post 1027: Application Support Service Engineer Role. Crescendo Technology thanks all candidates applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates may be asked to complete an on-line technical assessment.
Crescendo Technology is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and we encourage candidates to apply directly and provide a copy of an updated resume. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.