About the role:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team. In addition to collecting data and transforming data into usable format for models, the Data Scientist will be supporting back-end infrastructure and deploying models and pipelines into production stacks.
Our ideal candidate should have:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Economics or equivalent degree or experience
- Expertise in R and other statistical programming languages (3+ years)
- Experience in Frequentist and Bayesian Statistical methods (2+ years)
- Experience working with Machine Learning algorithms, Probabilistic Models, and/or other statistical modelling approaches (2+ years)
- Experience with modern R packages such as dplyr, ggplot2, data table
- Experience in front-end R technologies for data products such as ShinyR, Flexdashboard
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Working knowledge of software engineering fundamentals and workflows
- Experience working with container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Cloud Computing Experience
- Interest in sports or betting data
- Authority to legally work in Canada
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Fitness subsidy program
- Free beverages in the office
- Workplace that is conveniently located along the Yonge/Sheppard line
What we are looking for:
This is a key role within the team and would suit someone who has a strong passion for data science. An individual with software engineering background is ideal. Great communication and reporting skills required both orally and in written format. Individual must have initiative to work independently and effectively with team members. Interest in sports or betting markets a plus. Individual may be required to travel for the role.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. For a full description, please contact us directly.
Crescendo Technology thanks all candidates applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates may be asked to complete an on-line technical assessment.
Crescendo Technology is an equal opportunity employer, which values diversity in the workplace, and we encourage candidates. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
If interested, please apply through the portal: