About the role:
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who will be responsible for the development of algorithms, which will form the basis for our mathematical models to automate trading platforms for sports betting markets. The candidate must have a strong background in Machine Learning, Statistics and Algorithm Development experience.
Our ideal candidate should have:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computational Statistics or equivalent degree or experience. MS or PHD in Computer Science, specializing in Machine Learning is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with statistical computing in R or Python. (Experience with modern R packages and technologies such as dplyr, tidyR, data.table, shinyR preferred).
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Machine Learning algorithms and Probabilistic Modelling.
- Strong background in statistics, preferably Bayesian Statistics — experience with Bayesian Inference using Statistical Languages for MCMC such as Stan, JAGS, WinBugs is a big plus.
- Experience with SQL and SQL Server.
- Experience with .NET Framework and C# is preferable.
- Experience using cloud computing platforms such as EC2 (AWS).
- Domain experience in on-line gaming and entertainment industry, Financial Markets (such as Stock Exchange, Options, Bonds, Forex, etc.), or other types of 2-sided markets.
- Experience with Neural Networks or Deep Learning on large problems – a plus.
- Experience with Hadoop, Map Reduce or High Performance Computing – a plus.
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Fitness subsidy program
- Free beverages in the office
- Workplace that is conveniently located along the Yonge/Sheppard line
What we are looking for:
This is a key role within the team and would suit someone who is passionate about working with data and building predictive models. We are looking for someone with strong background in statistics, modelling and algorithms (machine learning or other) and who has the ability to convey complex information through data visualization. Strong communication in both verbal and written is required. We are also looking for someone with strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail, has ability to multi-task, and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment. This individual must have initiative to work independently, but also able to work effectively with team members in different locations. Flexibility and adaptability to business requirements and priority changes a must. A thorough understanding and passion for sports and sports betting markets is ideal. Experience working with dual markets is a preferred. Experience with cloud computing as well as python a plus. Experience with development highly preferred.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. For a full description, please contact us directly.
Crescendo Technology thanks all candidates applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates may be asked to complete an on-line technical assessment.
Crescendo Technology is an equal opportunity employer, which values diversity in the workplace, and we encourage candidates. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
If interested, please apply through the portal: