Machine Learning Engineer
About the Role:
A Machine Learning Engineer will be responsible for developing algorithms that will be the basis of our mathematical models used to understand and automate the trading process of sports betting markets. The candidate must have a strong background in Machine Learning, Statistics, and Algorithm Development.
Our Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computational Statistics or equivalent degree or experience. An MS or PHD in Computer Science, specializing in Machine Learning is desirable.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with statistical computing in R or Python.
- 3+ years of experience with Machine Learning algorithms and Probabilistic Modelling.
- Strong background in statistics, preferably Bayesian Statistics.
- Experience with SQL and SQL Server.
- Experience with modern R packages and technologies such as dplyr, tidyR, data.table, shinyR preferred.
- Experience with .NET Framework and C# is preferable.
- Experience with Bayesian Inference using Statistical Languages for MCMC such as Stan, JAGS, WinBugs is a big plus.
- Experience using cloud computing platforms such as EC2 (AWS)Domain experience in on-line gaming and entertainment industry, Financial Markets (such as Stock Exchange, Options, Bonds, ForEx, etc), or other types of 2-sided markets is a plus.
- Experience with Neural Networks or Deep Learning on large problems is a plus.
- Experience with Hadoop, Map Reduce or High Performance Computing is a plus.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Initiative to work independently, but also able to work effectively with team members in different locations.
- Flexibility and adaptability to business requirements and priority changes.
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Fitness subsidy program
- Workplace that is conveniently located along the Yonge/Sheppard line
What we are looking for:
This is a key role within the team and would suit someone who has solid experience in machine learning and probabilistic modelling as well as Bayesian statistics. Proficiency in written and spoken English is a must. Strong analytic, conceptual and problem solving abilities with attention to detail is needed. Individual must be self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented. Strong interest in sports and/or dual markets is preferred.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. For a full description, please contact us directly.
Crescendo Technology thanks all candidates applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates may be asked to complete a technical assessment.
Crescendo Technology is an equal opportunity employer, which values diversity in the workplace. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.