About the role:
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who will be responsible for the development of algorithms that will be used as the basis for our mathematical models to automate trading platforms for sports betting markets. We are looking for a Data Scientist who will be responsible for developing unique approaches to complex modeling and inference problems which combines market and trading knowledge with math approach to recognize patterns and trends in betting markets.
Our ideal candidate should have:
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Statistics or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant experience with R or Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, etc)
- 2+ years of relevant experience as Software Developer, preferably using Microsoft .NET Framework (C# or VB.NET)
- Strong background in statistics
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms and Probabilistic Models
- Experience using cloud computing platforms such as EC2 (AWS)
- Experience with modern R packages and technologies such as dplyr, tidyR, data.table, shinyR
- Domain experience in on-line gaming industry, financial markets or other 2-sided markets is a plus
- Experience with Neural Networks or Deep Learning on large problems, Hadoop, MapReduce or High Performance Computing is a plus
- Experience in SQL and SQL server is also a plus
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Fitness subsidy program
- Workplace that is conveniently located along the Yonge/Sheppard line
What we are looking for:
This is a key role within the team and would suit someone who is passionate about working with data/data science. We are looking for someone with strong background in statistics, modelling and algorithms (machine learning or other) and who has the ability to convey complex information through data visualization. A thorough understanding and passion for sports and sports betting markets is ideal. Experience with cloud computing as well as python is a plus.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Crescendo Technology thanks all candidates applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates may be asked to complete an on-line technical assessment.
Crescendo Technology is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and we encourage candidates to apply directly and provide a copy of an updated resume. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
To apply please send your resume with cover letter preferred to firstname.lastname@example.org