Based in Toronto, Ontario, Crescendo Technology is a Research/IT firm that provides technical support services to blue chip clients in the online entertainment space.
Crescendo Technology works with global partners to provide the highest level of technological support for our customers, and in turn for our customers’ customers.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Data Governance Developer for our Data Governance team. The candidate will be responsible for design and development and maintenance of the Data Warehouse and related components and will be actively involved in all phases of software development life cycle; this includes requirements gathering, researching, initial configuration, set up, design, documentation, testing, debugging, updates, ongoing support, integration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
Our ideal candidate should have:
- 6+ years of Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence work experience using Microsoft BI technologies such as SQL Server and SSIS
- 10+ years of combined experience as Software Developer and/or Database Developer
- Hands on experience with relational database design concepts like database normalization
- Experience with real world data warehouse design using dimensional modeling
- Strong and current database programming skills with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and above
- Excellent knowledge in creating databases, tables, stored procedures, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, functions, indexes using T-SQL (SQL Server)
- Exceptional query performance tuning skills
- Sound knowledge of ETL technique using SSIS
- Working knowledge of SQL Server database administration tasks
- Up-to-date knowledge in regards to latest SQL Server editions and BI applications
- Experience with building reports highly desirable but not mandatory
- Experience with R highly desirable but not mandatory
- Experience with MySQL highly desirable but not mandatory
- Experience with Redgate SQL Toolbelt highly desirable but not mandatory
- Experience with C# programming highly desirable but not mandatory
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Fitness subsidy program
- A workplace that is conveniently located along the Yonge/Sheppard line – accessible by car, subway, bus (TTC/GO)
What we are looking for:
This is a key role within the team and would suit someone who is analytical, conceptual, detail oriented and great problem solver with strong development (software and database) experience. Great communication and reporting skills required both orally and in written format. Individual must have initiative to work independently and effectively with team members. Interest in sports or betting markets is a plus.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Crescendo Technology thanks all candidates applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates may be asked to complete an on-line technical assessment
Crescendo Technology is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and we encourage candidates to apply directly and provide an updated resume. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.