About this role:
We are looking for a Senior Data Governance Developer for our Data Governance team. The candidate will be responsible for design and development and maintenance of the Data Warehouse and related components and will be actively involved in all phases of software development life cycle; this includes requirements gathering, researching, initial configuration, set up, design, documentation, testing, debugging, updates, ongoing support, integration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
Our ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum 6 years of Data Warehouse/BI work experience using Microsoft BI technologies (i.e. SQL Server, SSIS)
- 10+ years of combined experience as Software Developer, Database Developer or Database Administrator
- Strong and current database programming skills with MS SQL Server 2012 and above
- Up to date knowledge in regards latest SQL Server editions and BI applications
- Exceptional TSQL skills and performance tuning abilities
- Strong database design skills, including schema, and strong database normalization techniques
- Experience building reports highly desirable
- Experience with R desirable
- Experience with MySQL desirable
- Experience with Redgate’s SQL Toolbelt desirable
- Experience with C# programming desirable
- Authorization to legally work in Canada
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Fitness subsidy program
- A workplace that is conveniently located along the Yonge/Sheppard line – accessible by car, subway, bus (TTC/GO)
What we are looking for:
This is a key role within the team and would suit someone who is analytical, conceptual, detail oriented and great problem solver with strong development (software and database) experience. Great communication and reporting skills required both orally and in written format. Individual must have initiative to work independently and effectively with team members. Interest in sports or betting markets is a plus.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Crescendo Technology thanks all candidates applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates may be asked to complete an on-line technical assessment.
Crescendo Technology is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and we encourage candidates to apply directly and provide an updated resume. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
To apply please send your resume with cover letter preferred to firstname.lastname@example.org