About the role:
A Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) will be responsible for creating a bridge between development and IT operations. The SRE will be responsible for carrying out projects that have an impact on day-to-day business operations such as reducing human errors during software release and ability to discover real-time system performance issues. In this role, you will work closely with system engineers in supporting a proprietary low latency distributed system of applications. This includes software deployment and tools to help real-time monitoring and automation.
Our ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both in oral and written form
- Strong understanding of CI/CD process
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, EKS
- Experience with Bitbucket, Octopus, Git
- Experience with observability and monitoring systems (eg. AWS CloudWatch, Zabbix)
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture
- Proficiency in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Experience with Agile delivery methodology
- Client management skills
- Experience in TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Coding experience with one or more high level languages beyond simple scripts
- Experience with AWS, other cloud vendors (GCP, Azure..) acceptable
- Experience with Ansible, CloudFormation or AWS CDK
- Ability and desire to learn different skills outside of their domain of expertise
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Fitness subsidy program
- Free beverages in the office
- Workplace that is conveniently located along the Yonge/Sheppard line
What we are looking for:
This is a key role within the team and would suit someone who is organized and have good reporting skills. Strong communication in both verbal and written is required. We are also looking for someone with strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail, has ability to multi-task, and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment. This individual must have initiative to work independently, but also able to work effectively with team members in different locations. Flexibility and adaptability to business requirements and priority changes a must. Experience working with dual markets is a preferred.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. For a full description, please contact us directly.
Crescendo Technology thanks all candidates applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates may be asked to complete a technical assessment.
Crescendo Technology is an equal opportunity employer, which values diversity in the workplace, and we encourage candidates. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
If interested, please apply through the portal: