About the role:
As a SOC analyst, you are responsible for the day-to-day monitoring, analysis and issue resolution activities related to security incidents and possible gaps. You take initiative to implement preventive measures and in urgent and complex incidents, you ensure that appropriate countermeasures are taken.
Our ideal candidate should have:
- A degree in Information Technology or equivalent field.
- Strong affinity with IT security.
- Excellent knowledge of network protocols, operating systems, security-monitoring tools, network analysis tools and attack techniques.
- Ability to communicate verbally as in written form with stakeholders at both technical and management level.
- An adaptable individual that see solutions for complex problems, able to juggle the needs of the different teams.
- A very strong understanding of how Active Directory works (GPO, OU’s, Hardening of Servers, etc.).
- A strong understanding of Linux.
- Security certifications in the likes of Security+, CEH would be nice but not required
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Fitness subsidy program
- Workplace that is conveniently located along the Yonge/Sheppard line
What we are looking for:
This is a key role within the team and would suit someone who has a strong affinity with IT security, responsible and curious. Proficiency in written and spoken English is a must. Strong analytic, conceptual and problem solving abilities with attention to detail is needed. Individual must be self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. For a full description, please contact us directly.
Crescendo Technology thanks all candidates applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates may be asked to complete a technical assessment.
Crescendo Technology is an equal opportunity employer, which values diversity in the workplace. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.